Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'd like to share the state of my brain.

Some things on my mind.

What does it say about me, that when someone does their best to hurt me, using things near and dear to me, that I have such a hard time walking away, instead, I still try to find a good person inside of them. When really, at some point, it's time to wash my hands of the whole thing. I have almost wholly let it go, I can only take so much mental abuse before I just say, "So long...", but at the same time I question how someone I thought I knew so well could act in such a manner. I question how I made the choice to give this person so much of my life, to have it treated like it never mattered at all...

But you know what? That's ok. Because I've learned from it. I know I need to keep from becoming bitter, or taking it out on other people, but the truth is that, at least from now on, I will be a bit more cautious in the types of things I put up with, from people. Life is too short to spend it trying to make everyone else happy. It's my time to make myself happy, and I'm doing just that, regardless of what anyone else thinks about it. Only I know what I truly want (and even then, I'm not always sure), and only I can bring it to light, and make it happen.

So, I have no room, no time, and no patience for the drama, lies, rumors, and generally hurtful behavior I've experienced as of late. If you want to stick around, then... you have to learn to either word what you say very carefully, or better yet, do like one of my best friends, and be an adult, and stay impartial. (Love you Sandy!)

I also know that there are some spies out there, that things get passed along when they shouldn't be. Well, I'm going to give you a message to pass along. Ready? Write this one down word for word, and deliver it with much gusto...

YOU CANNOT HURT ME ANYMORE! :) Good luck trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment